Member Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Member Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program allows staff at member companies to be partially reimbursed for courses taken to further their packaging knowledge.
Download the application (Word Document).
The PMMI Education & Training Foundation has established the PMMI Member Employee Tuition Reimbursement (METR) Program to encourage and support the efforts of individuals furthering their education. Individuals who work for a PMMI member company can apply for reimbursement of tuition for one job-related course per semester, not to exceed $500 per course.
To qualify, the applicant must:
- Take a job-related course (includes any job-related training program or seminar deemed appropriate by their employer. Examples include packaging machinery related courses, non-degree training and certification programs, and tasks specific seminars.)
- For classes, achieve a final grade of “B” or higher
- For seminars, obtain a certificate of completion.
- Be employed at a PMMI member company at the time of application, as well as at the end of the semester/time of reimbursement.
How to Apply
- Qualified applicants must submit the appropriate application, including signatures of recommendation and verification by immediate supervisor and company-designated PMMI executive representative.
- Employees that are selected to receive reimbursements will need to contact PMMI within 30 days of completing the course and submit copies of:
- Actual tuition receipt – Amount paid per course (receipt can show payment by the member company or the employee; however, all reimbursement checks will be made out to the employee*)
- Copy of final grade report issued by the course provider indicating a grade “B” or higher, or (for seminars) a certificate of completion.
- Applicant will be notified of status of award within 30 days of receipt of their application.
- Reimbursement will be issued to the member company employee* for actual tuition paid for the course, not to exceed $500.00 (books, materials and other fees are not reimbursed)
- Maximum of two (2) employee reimbursements per company per year will be awarded.
- In the event that funds remain at the end of the year, PMMI will award tuition reimbursement to employees of companies that have submitted for more than (2) awards.
- The same member company employee cannot use the tuition reimbursement for the same PMMI event two (2) years in a row.
In the event that the number of qualified applicants exceeds the funds available for that semester, the following priorities will apply:
- First-time applicants, first time company applicant
- Packaging machinery related courses
- One employee per company (all things equal, company would make employee selection. In the event funds are left over, more than one award per company may be made.)
- Applicants seeking to attend or complete PMMI developed training, education program or seminar.
Download the application (Word Document)
If you have any questions, please contact:
11911 Freedom Drive
Reston, VA 20190
*Note: IRS regulations require that member employee tuition reimbursement be provided to individuals only. Member companies are not considered permissible beneficiaries, or of a charitable class, to receive member tuition reimbursement.