Risk Assessment Workshops: Learn More
April 2-3, 2017 - Chicago, IL
Sept 23-24, 2017 - Las Vegas, NV
Risk assessment is a process manufacturers use to evaluate their equipment for potential health and safety hazards before a hazard can cause an accident or incident. Many end users now require risk assessments as part of the procurement process.
Risk assessment is required for compliance to the ANSI/PMMI B155.1-2011 standard and for compliance with the EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC. Therefore PMMI has expanded the scope of the PMMI risk assessment training program to include the important issues that generate the most questions from PMMI members.
The course outline includes:
- Global standards – why harmonization is important and what standards to use?
- Risk assessment basics – what it is, why to do it, the iterative process, how to do risk assessment and when are you done?
- Hands on risk assessment using Packsafe/designSafe® software.
- Legal implications of risk assessment – new equipment, legacy equipment.
- How to deploy risk assessment?
EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC – what is required?
- Essential health and safety requirements in Annex I of the machinery directive – what are they, how to meet them?
- Declaration of conformity and incorporation – what directives and standards should you list?
- What is the difference between a “person authorized” and a “authorized representative”?
- What is the role of a notified body?
- EN 954-1 and ISO 13849-1 – what to use, how to calculate performance levels.
- EMC compliance – what to do?
Who Should Attend?
The program is open to equipment suppliers and end users. Suppliers who have responsibility for conformance to the ANSI/PMMI B155.1-2011 standard include: the manufacturer, manufacturer's agent, representative or distributor and resellers, installers, modifiers, rebuilders or integrators of packaging machinery. When the end user performs these functions they are considered to be a supplier. Attendees may include engineering managers and engineers and personnel responsible for health and safety and management safety responsible for CE compliance, product safety and productivity.
On-site seminar instructors will be Bruce Main, President, Design Safety Engineering, Inc. and Fred Hayes, Director of Technical Services, PMMI.
Attendees will be required to bring a laptop computer and have administrative rights to install a free trial version of the PackSafe/designSafe® program or have PackSafe/designSafe® installed prior to arriving at the training session.
Packsafe/designSafe® is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7. PackSafe/designSafe® does not run on the MAC OS.
The following registration fees are in effect:
PMMI Member Registration Fees:
- $600 per person, if you register 30 days prior to to the start of the meeting.
- $700 per person, if you register under 30 days prior to to the start of the meeting.
Three or More Registration Discount: If you register three or more people from the same company at the same time, you will receive a discount of $50 per person off of the current rate. Please contact Jill Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-287-6810.
Registration fees include all meals, breaks, conference materials, including printed copies of the new ANSI/PMMI B155.1-2011 standard,
BONUS - Attendees will receive an 5% discount off the price of the Packsafe software, purchased separately, if it is ordered within 90 days of the training session.
Credit card payment is required for online registration. PMMI accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Single license $2,450 ($2,080 member)
Up to 5 multi user $4,250 ($3,850 member)
Up to 10 mulit user $7,250 ($6,850 member)
PMMI members receive a 15% discount. Participants in the training receive an additional 5% off if ordered within 90 days of the training session.
The PMMI Foundation has established the PMMI Tuition Reimbursement program to encourage and support the efforts of those individuals furthering their education. Individuals who work for a PMMI member company can apply to cover the reimbursement of tuition for one job-related course per semester, not to exceed $500.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND DEADLINE:
Registration cancellation must be received by the PMMI Meetings Department. Send an email to email@example.com no later than ten business days prior to the event in order to get a refund. You will be charged a $100 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be granted to no-shows or those cancelling after ten business days.
For questions on the program, please contact Fred Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-ASK-PMMI (275-7664), ext. 4368.