Dairy Industry Market Research Study
Dairy Market Research Study
The U.S. dairy industry has been grappling with consequences of the economic downturn; sales of dairy products in U.S. alone saw an increase of 2 percent last year – despite an overall price hike of 9 percent.
PMMI’s study, which discusses perspectives of 40 dairy processors, associations, and suppliers, aims to analyze the local dairy market dynamics and determine the outlook for the dairy industry in the future. Some of the key findings discussed in the report include:
- U.S. dairy industry anticipates production shift to West Coast, with industry consolidation creating a greater number of mega dairies
- 71 percent of dairy processors likely to make capital expenditures for packaging; additional 16 percent to make packaging line modifications that might require machinery investments
- Stronger dairy/vendor relationships expected: 90 percent of survey respondents rely upon machinery builder to train operators; 73 percent want suppliers to play more consultative role from concept stage to installation
- Primary and secondary packaging change drivers include considerations about the most economical and environmentally friendly materials, customer requirements and improving efficiency to address lower margins
- Energy consumption seen by dairy processors as top method to achieve greater sustainability
- Consumer demand for healthy, convenient and portable food driving new packaging formats, industry segment growth
Learn more about Dairy!
Download the Study
The survey results are available as a digital download for PMMI Members at no cost. (Non-members will be charged $3,500). The digital download will attach to your unique PMMI user record, allowing you access from anywhere with an internet connection!
If you wish more information about how to download the complete study, please contact Paula Feldman, director of Business Intelligence at (571) 612-3194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.