PMMI introduces the new PackSafe® 5.
The new PackSafe® 5 improves the speed and flexibility of performing risk assessments. The software now contains many new and innovative features include new networking capability and shared libraries and files.
A floating license option feature is also available for users. This allows more of your staff to have access to the software and continue the risk assessment efforts in your company.
PackSafe® 5 now includes features to assist users in lean manufacturing. Sometimes safety is compromised by lean efforts to streamline production. Value Stream Mapping has been integrated into the software to allow users to simultaneously obtain lowest waste and lowest risk.
PackSafe® 5 conforms to many industry standard approaches to risk assessment including:
- Robotics (ANSI/RIA R15.06);
- Packaging machinery (ANSI/PMMI B155.1);
- Machine tool (ANSI B11 TR3);
- Semiconductor (ISO 13841/EN 954);
- Management systems (ANSI Z10);
- Military (MIL-STD 882); and
- many others.
Users can also adapt PackSafe® 5 to their company approach as needed.
Today businesses are becoming increasingly integrated with robots, packaging machinery and other equipment operating side by side. Companies need greater flexibility in how they assess risks. With PackSafe® 5 you can assess risks with the method(s) most appropriate to your situation and achieve a broader range of options in how you conduct risk assessments.
What is PackSafe® 5?
PackSafe® software was developed as a fast, easy-to-use tool to help engineers and safety practitioners identify hazards, assess risk for identified hazards and reduce risks in a structured method.
What Does PackSafe® 5 do?
- Give designers a quick and easy tool to evaluate hazards and risks through design
- Helps companies identify potential hazards and provides methods for elimination
- Assists design engineers in completing a risk assesment for their products and/or processes
- Prevents accidents, reduces costs, improves productivity and reduces liability and
- Prioritizes design activies related to risk
What are the benefits of PackSafe® 5?
- Helps make the risk assessment process uniform throughout the company
- Helps the user recognize hazards that might otherwise be overlooked
- Helps prompt risk reduction actions for existing hazards
- Assists in obtaining the CE Mark for European markets
What’s new in PackSafe® 5?
Some of the features of the updated software include:
- Product Consolidation - PackSafe® 5 enables users to take advantage of the complete family of designsafe risk assessment software all within one platform. The integrated software includes the risk matrices for robotics applications, packaging applications and machine tool applications.
- Summary Statistics Report - Reports are now available to display information regarding item counts, risk levels, risk level changes, status and detailed item count information.
- Improved Installation - Install only the portions of the program that you really need. Custom installation options reduce installation times and speed up your ability to identify and select only the components you'll need.
Questions? Send an e-mail to Fred Hayes, Director of Technical Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-275-7664, ext. 648.