The PMMI U Skills Fund is a top resource to help you form meaningful partnerships with regional two- to four-year colleges, universities, technical schools and high schools, as well as other educational programs in your area.
Investing in the skills and knowledge of students is the best way to ensure a highly skilled workforce of the future. The PMMI U Skills Fund will match your company’s contributions up to $50,000 per year to regional education programs of your choice.
Whether you support a school to help strengthen an industry related program, join forces with a STEM summer camp, sponsor a robotics team, coordinate a group of students to bring to PACK EXPO or choose to invest in the future workforce in your community throughout the year, the PMMI U Skills Fund is here to assist you with the financial obligations that come from these types of initiatives.
To apply, please fill out the online application.
Per IRS regulations, funds cannot be used as compensation for interns, apprentices, etc. Funds must go directly to educational institution or program, not the member company.
- Must be a PMMI member company in good standing (cannot be a subsidiary of a member company).
- Must agree to provide a case study/summary of the partnership to PMMI at the end of each year that funds were received from both the member and educational institution.
- Members remain eligible year after year for funding for the same program, provided money is available. Availability of funds to be determined by the number of new requests received.
- An application is not a guarantee of receiving funds.
- Only complete application requests that meet the eligibility requirements will be considered.
- Application must include the number of students impacted.
- Once completed, the online application will allow updates to provide supporting documents.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received.
- Company can request funds multiple times supporting multiple initiatives but cannot exceed $50,000 per year in matching funds from PMMI.
- If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the funds available for that year, we will notify you and will offer to process your request the following calendar year.
- Requesting company information
- Information including school or program name location and main point of contact.
- Donation information, including information on equipment or monetary donations.
- Total amount of funds requested, including a receipt or letter of intent
- Letter from the recipient outlining the purpose of the donations and expected use
- If equipment donation: manufacturer information, photos or engineering drawings
- PMMI reserves the right to adjust the awarded amount based on the number of requests and budget constraints.
- Equipment donations require committee evaluation and approval (happens 4 times a year)